There are dozens of helpful tools out there to help you secure your dream career in Dallas. Many of those options do cost money and may be worth it, but this isn’t about getting you to spend money. High Profile Staffing has over 20 years of experience in the Dallas- Ft. Worth area, and we want to see you succeed.
For most job seekers, especially in this unique economy, the road to success can be littered with frustration, disappointment and struggles to keep on pushing. There is one, often overlooked and free tool you should keep in mind while pursuing your next temp or full-time job in Dallas, and that is regular exercise.
Regular exercise builds strength, stamina and endurance while releasing those feel-good endorphins that improve one’s overall emotional outlook. Additionally, exercise alleviates stress and tension, which can be overwhelming while looking for that next job. Furthermore, the only thing you need to get started today is a pair of walking or running shoes!
Given the competitive nature of the current job market, we advise that you harness every advantage you can. We firmly believe that exercise is one of those competitive advantages you should do at least 20 minutes every day. Here are a few things to consider that you might find helpful.
Set incremental exercise goals.
- Start small and add a little each week.
- Set time or distance goals and track your results.
- Check out Run Keeper, a cool way to track results.
Get into a routine.
- Find a time of day, every day, that you can dedicate to working out.
- Ask a friend to join you! It’s a lot harder to cancel when someone else is counting on you. Plus, it makes the time fly by!
- Get your heart rate up!
- Push yourself to get that feel-good feeling of accomplishing something tough, like beating your exercise goals.
- Find an event to participate in – run, walk, bike, etc. and train for it
The longer you are out of work, the greater the toll these negative feelings can take on your ego and self-esteem. One of the most effective ways to combat the feeling of helplessness and the unemployment blues is to make exercise the cornerstone of your daily job search strategy.
Everyone of us at High Profile Staffing is here for you. We want to see you succeed in everyway. Have you found exercise to be helpful? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter.