Many accountants submit their resumes to accounting job agencies out there, but only a handful of them will meet your company’s needs when you start searching for an accounting expert. For many, a Dallas staffing agency can be a valuable resource and help alleviate many of the challenges.
As a result, finding the ideal candidate for an accounting position at your place of business can be a daunting task if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Understanding the importance of hiring the right person to entrust with the financial and accounting needs of your business is key to recruiting and hiring excellent accounting personnel.
Trustworthy Tips for Recruitment and Hiring
Few professions require as much attention to detail, diligence and honesty as accounting. That is why it is important to take the time to carefully choose the person that will have access to your company’s books and financial activities. Below are some tips that can make your search a little easier.
- College degree more than preferred. For an accounting position, a college degree is a must. It’s not enough to demonstrate mathematical ability or a knack for budgeting. Accounting personnel should be knowledgeable, diligent in their studies and very detailed. This is one of those positions where education must be a requirement for the position.
- Experience is important. While other industries may be a bit more forgiving in the experience sector, accounting is just not one of them. You may be thinking, “Everyone’s got to start somewhere,” but do you really want them starting with your books? Don’t misunderstand; no experience doesn’t necessarily equate to an inability to perform. When it comes to your business, however, it’s essential that the money is handled by someone who has experience in handling money.
- Certifications are key! There are two main certification designations in accounting: CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and CMA (Certified Management Accountant). In order to determine which would meet your needs, first figure out if you’re looking for an entry-level accountant or a high-level comptroller. The CPA certification is regulated at the state level and requires a higher level of expertise, which makes this certification a requirement for higher positions. In contrast, the CMA certification is not state-regulated, which makes it a bit more suitable for lower-level accounting personnel. Make sure you understand which certification your accounting position requires.
- Trustworthiness is essential. Few industries focus on integrity and honesty the way the accounting industry does. A background check, and possibly even a credit check, is essential when you’re considering someone to handle such affairs as the company money flow. The most important thing to look for is any criminal conviction related to money crimes or fraud.
- Continuing Education. Accountants are required to stay up to date on tax laws, changes in financial regulations and business practices. How willing a candidate is able to follow through with the continuing education and training required of accountants is key for determining if this is a suitable candidate for the job.
Dallas Accounting Positions
High Profile Staffing is a Dallas staffing agency specializing in accounting and finance job placement. As one of the top accounting job agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, you can count on High Profile Staffing to help you find top accounting professionals including AP/AR Clerks, Accounting Assistants, Bookkeepers, Staff Accountants and Senior Accountants for your company. Visit www.highprofilestaffing.com today for more information.