The season to give thanks, see loved ones, and spread cheer is upon us. Normally, the holiday season brings about good feelings and a sense of warmth. However, if you’re in pursuit of employment, the holiday season can be especially hard to enjoy. High Profile Staffing is here to let you know that we believe in you! Your career is waiting for you, and the holiday season is a great time to get hired!
If you’re under the belief that hiring stops during the holiday season, we are pleased to share that IT DOESN’T! This is your time to shine! If you’re out there working the job market when others think to wait until February, you’ve got a wonderful competitive advantage. It’s your time to stand out from the crowd and demand to be noticed.
Take the initiative to attend any winter holiday parties you can, and make sure to bring plenty of business cards. Don’t have any? Making your own is very cheap, easy and effective. Simply visit your nearest office supply store and look for Avery business cards. You can even download a template to help you make the perfect business card. Make sure to include your name, phone number and email address. Keep in mind this is a chance to network on a personal level where you have a better chance of being remembered.
Here are a few other key steps to maximizing your opportunities to land a career during the holiday season.
- Take advantage of the high spirits and ambient cheer by sending e-cards to your network that offers a brief update on the status of your job search.
- Use the holidays as an opportunity to connect with others. Reach out to friends and family and share your aspirations and desires for employment.
- Rely on your intuition and experience to determine your direction. Don’t let naysayers get you down about the economy or job market.
- Keep in mind that many of your fellow job seekers write the holidays off for job hunting, leaving more doors wide open for you.
- You can do this! Keep up the good work and demand to be noticed.
No matter who you are or where you come from, finding a temporary or full time job is tough. Use the season of giving and holiday spirit as a springboard to landing a great new opportunity! Let High Profile Staffing guide you to employment and a better life.
Make sure to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to gain insightful tips and stay in touch.
If you know someone who would benefit from this post, feel free to share it!